Cath and Neil’s little boy stealing the limelight
Why the groups can take a long time
I just love these family and friends photos from Cath and Neil’s wedding at Parley Manor a little over three years ago.
They show the fun you can have while photographing a wedding, the joy and laughter! And the unexpectedness…
And they also illustrate why it can sometimes take a long time to get those group photographs in the bag!
The “Family and Friends” groups
If you come to me saying you want no groups, and absolutely everything photographed candidly with no orchestration, I’m probably not the right photographer for you. Though the groups can sometimes seem to be rather tiresome, they do ensure that you will have a photograph of everyone you want photographed at your wedding, a record of all the important people in your life together to celebrate with you.
“What groups do you suggest?”
I have a little list, as they say!
The groups I suggest, which work really with for most weddings, with a little tweaking here and there;
– The bride and group with the wedding party – that’s the bridesmaids, flower girls, page boys, best man and ushers
– The bride and groom with both sets of parents – to which step-parents can be added, or we can break this down in several quick groups if preferred
– The bride and groom with their immediate family – that’s both sets of mums and dads, along with brothers and sisters with or without their partners and children
– The bride and groom with all their families – everybody that’s related to you, so including grandparents, aunties, uncles, etc
– The bride and groom with their grandparents – grandparents often have a very special place within the family
– The bride and groom with everybody – yes, absolutely everybody though i did add the proviso “if the venue is suitable”. If there is no where high up to look down on the group so we can see
everyone’s face, then I suggest we skip this one.
This list, with a few little variants, I can photograph in about 25-30 minutes, so no hours upon hours of standing around, and that gives more time for the couple photos, and of course the candids while you are chatting with all your guests.
And this is the sort of thing we will arrange before your wedding so that we get exactly the wedding photos you want!
Where can I find out more about your wedding photography?
Call me on 01425 672706 for a meeting to email me using the Contact Form